This recipe is one of my everyday weekday dinners but it can also be a fancy dinner crowd pleaser. All the steps can be done the night before, let it refrigerate over night, and plug in the slow cooker in the morning to cook while you’re at work. By the time you’re back from a long tiring day, you’ll have a 5-Star meal waiting for you.
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 5-6 hour | Serves: 2
- 4 short ribs with bone in
- 1 can of diced tomato
- 1 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 1 can of coke (or diet coke)
- 1 medium size onion, sliced
- 5 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
PREP THE GOODS:
- Quickly rinse the short rib under the faucet and place on paper towel. Pat the meat dry and season the side up with salt, black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder (you will season the other half of short ribs in the pan)
- Turn on the slow cooker to high and add chicken broth
THE SHORT RIBS:
- In a deep pan, add olive oil and heat over medium high heat. When the oil is heated, add short rib, seasoned side down.
- Once the short ribs are in the pan, season the top side with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Cook each side for 4-5 min, until nicely brown.
- Once the short ribs are browned, place it in the slow cooker.
- In the pan you cooked the short ribs, add 3 tbsp of butter and the onion and cook until carmelized (soft and browned), then add the onion to the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients: can of coke, can of tomatoes, and garlic into the slow cooker and let it cook for 5-6 hours.
Categories: Pork, Slow Cooker
Leave a Reply